Microneedling, also known as skin needling, is a procedure using a device covered with tiny, shallow needles to essentially poke holes in the skin surface. Those holes are actually therapeutic, since they cause a ‘micro injury’ that prompts skin to stimulate collagen production, filling in fine lines, plumping the skin and contributing to a younger look.
Microneedling works great for sunken areas on the skin caused by acne or chickenpox, as well as for fine lines, discoloration and general skin rejuvenation. This safe procedure isn’t just for the face, though. It can also be used on many areas of the body, including the arms, neck, legs, abdomen, back and hands.
- Microneedling reduces fine and deep wrinkles
- Microneedling repairs visible scars
- Microneedling reverses sun damage and pigmentation
- Microneedling helps aging skin
- Microneedling shrinks pores